In the pursuance of the directions issued by Gujarat Technological University(GTU) and University Grants Commission(UGC), the institute has formed a Women Development Cell to empower women and at creating wider gender sensitivity so as to facilitate a congenial working environment and to create awareness among women employees so that they are not subjected to gender-specific discrimination or sexual harassment and ensure that their fundamental rights (provided by the Constitution of India) are not violated.
- Creating social awareness to female staff members and students in the institute about the relevant issues related to women.
- Encouraging them to participate in the activities which are meant for their development as women.
- Organizing guest lectures to enhance awareness of rights, safety, health care.
- Arranging seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation to students, teachers, non-teaching staff for self-employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women, and their active and sustained participation.
- Training programs for learning alertness and classes for training on interests among them.
- Provide a forum for discussion and interaction with eminent ladies.